Creative Theaching Approaches
in Early Years and Pre-school Education
Principal Marina Karavanić and pre-school teacher Renata Jakopec participated in the international seminar titled Creative Teaching Approaches in Early Years and Pre-school Education.
The seminar was held from 12.10.2014. to 18.10.2014. in Bologna, Italy. The organizer of the seminar was LEAP Language Education & Partnerships Ltd. (Great Britain).
The seminar included:
- History, models and innovations in the treatment of children of early and preschool age
- Neuro science and achievements in research
- A visit to Reggio International Center and introduction to history of Reggio pedagogy
- Visits to kindergartens (three kindergartens) in the city of Modena and stay during the day with the children, getting to know the way of work, exchange of experience and - similarities and differences in curricular approach
- Evaluations and discussions
- Presentation of kindergarten Peter Pan and presentation of Croatia.
The task of the participants of the seminar is to share their experience from seminar in their own kindergartens and thereby apply the acquired knowledge and experience. It is necessary to share experiences with other kindergartens, and present the project in the local community and regional and national level.